Médecins Sans Frontières documentary "SELFISH" is hosted at the 27th Athens International Film Festival Premiere Nights. The screening will take place on Monday, September 27 at 18.00 at the Danao I cinema (109 Kifissias Avenue, Panormos METRO).
In the documentary, 40 Médecins Sans Frontières employees and their loved ones, they speak unreservedly about the danger, the commitment, the first mission, the deepest feelings, the passion, the return home and the untold experiences they have experienced. At the same time, they testify and the people with whom they share their lives also tell their own story. How is life with them when they return from the field, but also without them when they are on a mission.
The documentary "EGOISTES" deals with the absolute commitment and dedication of the workers in the humanitarian field to the man himself and his needs. But it also explores whether such a choice is selfish.
Antonis Kafetzopoulos Médecins Sans Frontières became the voice of this film and the result, according to its creators, is an original documentary that sheds light on the inner world of humanitarian workers, a dive into their deepest selves.
The screening of the documentary takes place in the frame on the 50th anniversary of the founding of Médecins Sans Frontières. 50 years of medical humanitarian action in war zones, in countries that have suffered natural disasters and in areas plagued by epidemics.
After the screening of the documentary a discussion will follow.
Admission is free with reservation here.
- Directed by: Stéphane Santini - Geraldine André - Laurence Hoenig - Pierre-Yves Bernard
- Production: Philippe Santini - Anthony Zanta - Laurent Dethes Angéline Julien - Thierry Cottin - Jean-Christophe Prégevole - Lucille Favre - Fanny Hostettler - Eveline Meier - Juliette Blume - Florence Dozol - Nora Teylouni
- Narration: Antonis Kafetzopoulos
- Translation: Elena Christopoulou
- Subtitle Sync: Georgia Tsismetzoglou
- With the participation of Of Doctors Without Borders | © Aftermedia 2020
Edited by: Kalliopi Aslanidou