The five measures for dealing with the demographic crisis promoted by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs for dealing with the demographic crisis, were presented by the competent minister Kostis Hatzidakis from the podium of the Economist conference on demographic challenges and policies for gender equality .
More specifically, government planning includes:
1. The promotion of alternative forms of childcare through the new program "neighborhood nannies", which will be funded by the new NSRF and provides financial support for the care of infants from two months to 2,5 years, either in the family home or at the home of a certified educator-caregiver selected by a special register, in areas where there are no nurseries.
2. The creation of childcare units in 120 large companies. At the expense of the Recovery Fund, working mothers will be able to leave infants and toddlers in specially designed storage areas within the companies they work in and in the first phase, 2.500 young children can be covered.
3. The financing of the creation of 50.000 new places for infants and toddlers in nurseries and the parallel promotion of the creation of 150 new Creative Employment Centers for Children, with resources from the Recovery Fund.
4. Providing support - also through the Recovery Fund - with targeted employment programs to mothers who stay out of the labor market to care for their child and then find it difficult to return to work; and
5. intervention for supplementary pensions for young people, in order to drastically reduce the system's exposure to demographic risk. With the individual insurance piggy bank, the supplementary pensions of the new generation are shielded against this risk while at the same time higher pensions are ensured for the young. The new system will apply to those entering the labor market from 1 January 2022 and, if they wish, to young people under 35 years of age.