17.2 C
Athens
Monday, October 18, 2021

News bulletin at 15:00

✚ ATHENS

Municipality of Athens: In Agios Artemios the 7th "pocket" park of Athens

In Agios Artemios, in a densely populated neighborhood of Athens, also known as Gouva, the 7th in a row pocket park of the city was "born". With the...

What will the University be like after the renovation - The project in 20 questions and answers

At the end of 2021, the works for the final renovation of the University begin and are expected to be completed in 12 to 15 months. The budget ...

A new "green" neighborhood in Petralona - The network of "pocket" parks in Athens is growing

By strengthening the network of "pocket" parks, the Municipality of Athens continues to create "green" meeting points for the residents of Athens, in the context of this ...

The INNOVATHENS training program for October

INNOVATHENS, the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Hub of the Technopolis of the Municipality of Athens in Gazi, continues the exciting educational program of workshops and free seminars, specially designed ...

Tennis, Athletics and Self Defense at OPANDA

The registrations for the Sports Learning Academies (tennis, athletics and self-defense) of OPANDA open on Friday 17/09/21, for children 6-15 years old, adults, and candidates ...

A day before the crucial federal elections in Germany, which mark the end of Angela Merkel's political career, the Social Democratic Party maintains its lead, but the gap from the Christian Union is now limited to one unit, according to the latest poll.

According to a poll, more than half of Germans do not believe they will miss Angela Merkel, who has been the country's chancellor for almost 16 years after leaving the political scene after tomorrow's election. 52% of respondents answered that they will probably or certainly not miss the outgoing chancellor. On the contrary, 38% said they would miss them, while 10% were undecided.

The intervention of the Minister of Citizen Protection Takis Theodorikakou was provoked by the news that anti-vaccinators try to deceive citizens with always financial compensation for allegedly providing full immunity and coverage against their non-vaccination. In fact, according to the official information from the Ministry of Citizen Protection, Mr. Theodorikakos instructed this morning the Director of Cybercrime Prosecution, Vassilis Papakostas, to immediately investigate the origin and identity of the webmasters and social media accounts that prompt citizens in acts directed against public health, safety and the state.

The epidemiological situation in Northern Greece is aggravated, as yesterday, the areas with the most new cases of coronavirus in proportion of population were Kastoria, Drama, Imathia, Pieria and Xanthi. Despite the concern to the health authorities, the Minister of Health, Thanos Plevris, clarified that there is no question of lockdown in these areas. As far as schools are concerned, Mr. Plevris expressed his optimism that they will remain open.

A criminal organization that was active in drug trafficking in the wider area of ​​Attica was dismantled by the Drug Prosecution Sub-Directorate of the Attica Security Directorate. 5 foreigners aged 23 to 37 were arrested. From the searches were found and confiscated: -973- grams. cocaine, precision scales, the amount of -4.620- euros and a motorcycle. The arrested were taken to the Prosecutor of the Court of First Instance of Piraeus.

Horror in Croatia. A 56-year-old man is suspected of killing his three minor children in the early hours of the morning in an apartment in Zagreb, according to police, as local media reported that he was an Austrian living in Croatia. Police, alerted by the man's relatives, who had discovered on social media that he was planning to commit suicide, intervened and found the bodies of the three children and their father in poor condition. Two of the three children, twins, were 7 years old, while the third child was 4 years old, according to local media. The children's mother, and the suspect's ex-wife, was not in Zagreb when the crime was committed.

WEATHER

Clear today in Attica. Temperature up to 29 degrees Celsius. 28 points at this time in Technopolis, here in Gazi.

News bulletin at 24:00

The Prime Minister, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, is expected to answer a topical question about the pandemic at 10 in the morning. The question was submitted to the Parliament, the leader ...

News bulletin at 23:00

Additional measures and interventions to alleviate households from the wave of price increases that hit the global economy, announced the government spokesman, Giannis Oikonomou. Between...

AEK is stormy, in its first Gianniki, 3-0 against Atromitos

AEK prevailed, easily 3-0 Atromitou with 3-0 in OAKA in the maiden match of Argyris Giannikis on its bench. Neither the interruption due to Nationals, nor ...

Super League: The panorama of the 6th game

Olympiakos defeated PAS Giannina 2-1 and reached the top after the impressive 4-4 in Toumba, between PAOK and Volos. See results, highlights, ...

Olympiacos with El Arabi at the top

Olympiakos did not impress with its performance in Ioannina, but defeated PAS 2-1 thanks to goals from Agibu (17 '), El Arabi ...

Coronavirus: 1.712 cases, 27 deaths, 357 intubated

The new laboratory confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 1.712, of which 8 were identified after checks at the gates ...

In critical condition two injured in a motocross race in Giannitsa

The two spectators who were injured during a race for the Panhellenic Motocross Championship are being treated in critical condition at Papageorgiou Hospital in Thessaloniki, on a track ...

IT HAPPENS IN ATHENS

Art Athina returns from November 1st

Art Athina returns digitally but also in physical space: through the digital platform Art Athina Virtual 2021 and with the exhibition in ...

The 4th Municipal Community in the area of ​​Kolonos was at the center of the cleaning operation of the Municipality of Athens

The 4th Municipal community in the area of ​​Kolonos was today at the center of the cleaning and disinfection operation by competent teams of the Municipality of Athens, in ...

World Day Against Poverty - "Protection Net" of the Municipality of Athens for the vulnerable population of the city

October 17, World Poverty Day, is dedicated to the struggle of all those who find it difficult to cope in their daily lives. THE...

Tree planting in Drakopoulou Park

The residents of the area of ​​Patissia remain on foot after the demolition, three weeks ago, of a listed building on the Drakopoulou estate by the owner of ...

"Clean Ring" from October 25 - Which cars "win" free

The measure of the "Clean Ring" in the center of Athens comes into force on October 25. As decided at an inter-ministerial meeting under the Minister of State, ...