With the slogan "We run for those who left, but they will be by our side forever. We run to the future, always keeping in mind where we started. We run for a good cause, we run close "the evening road race takes place on August 25 SNF Nostos Run,of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (ISN).
The fight is dedicated to the memory of all the people who lost their lives in the pandemic.
This year's race will be special, say the organizers, without winners, without awards, with maximum participation and charitable character, in memory of all those who will not be forgotten, reminding us that despite the losses, life always finds a way to continue and that despite the difficulties we never stop trying. The organizations that will be supported are the following: ARTOGETHER - Art of People with and without Disabilities and Association of Social Responsibility for Children and Youth - SKEP. With the contribution of the ISN, the amount raised from the runners' entries will be tripled and will be donated to organizations.
On 25 August 2021, those who love running will meet again under the night sky of Athens for SNF Nostos Run, carried out in collaboration with AMKE Renaissance & Progress, for the seventh consecutive year.
The fight includes 10 and 6 km routes, as well as a 1 km route for Special Olympics athletes. The start of the first two routes will take place at Panathinaiko Stadium, with the runners crossing the city center and then, through Syggrou Avenue, finishing at the SNFCC. The SNF Nostos Run is not racing, however there will be an official timing so that all runners know their performance.
Aiming to organize a safe and at the same time enjoyable race, this year's SNF Nostos Run will welcome up to 5.000 runners (2.500 on each 10k and 6k route), as well as Special Olympics athletes (1k). Always carrying out in agreement with the competent authorities, the participation in the race as a percentage 75% will be feasible to runners who hold a vaccination certificate (14 days after completion) or disease certificate (last 6 months), while for the remaining 25% participation will be open to runners who will show a negative PCR or Rapid test (72 and 48 hours respectively) .
Pre-registrations are open. Register here.
O SNF Nostos Run is made with an exclusive donation from Stavros Niarchos Foundation (ISN), which covers all production costs of the race, under SNF Nostos. The organizational supervision of the match is the AMKE Renaissance & Progress and the Department of Sports Excellence of the XNUMXst Orthopedic Surgery Clinic of the Medical School of the University of Athens. The race is held in collaboration with Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), and Hellenic Olympic Committee (Hellenic Olympic Committee), with his assistance ΕΚΑΒ, and is under its auspices Hellenic Police.
More information about the conduct of this year's festival SNF Nostos, (25 - 29 August, 2021), in the framework of which the evening road race is organized SNF Nostos Run, here.
Edited by: Kalliopi Aslanidou