A list of dentists for dealing with emergencies in the month of August is compiled by the Dental Association of Attica (OSA). As it is known, the Dental Emergency Line has been operating for many years for the Attica basin.
Patients can be informed (from the 1st to the end of August) about the dental clinics that will be open near them or from the OSA website (www.osanet.gr) or by phone (210 3821109) by the Secretariat of the Association on working days and hours.
In view of the summer holidays, the OSA has published the summer list:
- Due to Covid-19, get toothbrushes with a special protective case and be sure to wash your hands before and after brushing your teeth.
- Do not forget to always have your toothbrush in your luggage.
- Before starting the holidays, visit your dentist as a precaution. Limit sugary fizzy drinks and increase your intake of natural juices or dairy products.
- Pay attention to individual and group games, explorations and climbing trees and rocks. They often result in fractures and loss of front teeth.
- Beware of diving from rocks, waterfronts or boats. Poor estimate of the sea depth can cause head, face and tooth injuries.
- If due to an accident the teeth fall out of place, keep your cool. Return them to their original position and visit the nearest dental clinic. If they have left the mouth, store them in saline, milk or saliva and see a dentist urgently.
- Limit the consumption of chocolates, candies, ice creams and various sweeteners in standard form (candies, chewing gum, etc.).
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day.
- After the end of the holidays, visit your dentist for the examination and final restoration of the problems.
The Dental Association of Attica has issued updated precautionary instructions by Covid -19 for employees and patients in dental clinics, which are posted on the site of the Association, www.osanet.gr, which can be referred to by those interested.