Strong winds and high temperatures increase the risk of fire in the country.
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection issued a statement according to which today, Saturday, July 10, a very high risk of fire (risk category 4) is forecast in the following areas:
- Attica Region (including the island of Kythera)
- Region of Central Greece (PE Boeotia, PE Evia, PE Fthiotida)
- Peloponnese Region (Corinth PE, Argolida PE, Laconia PE)
- North Aegean Region (PE Lesvos, PE Chios, PE Samos, PE Ikaria)
- South Aegean Region (Cyclades)
- Region of Crete
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection (Ministry of Civil Protection) has informed the relevant government agencies involved, as well as the Regions and Municipalities of the above areas, so that they are on high alert for civil protection in order to deal immediately with any incidents of fire.
ΚRisk Forecast Map 🔥 for Saturday 10/7
🟠category 4️⃣ in #Attica& # Κύθηρα, #Euboea& # Σκύρο, #Boeotia, #Argolis, areas # Φθιώτιδας, # Κορινθίας& # Λακωνίας, #Crete, #Cyclades, # Samos, # Ικαρία, # Χίο,# Ψαρά,# Λέσβο
🟡category 3️⃣ in several areas
️️ https://t.co/XiaspWKwHy pic.twitter.com/0grtME1S66
- Civil Protection GR (@GSCP_GR) July 9th, 2021