Online tours in Athens by OPANDA and the Museum of School Life and Education
The Organization of Culture, Sports and Youth of the Municipality of Athens (OPANDA) and the Museum of School Life and Education continue the thematic internet tours in Athens, on Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 April at 19:00 through his page OPANDA on facebook
The aim of these tours is to discover Athens and its history in a different way, to give a voice to buildings, streets, monuments, churches, areas that we often pass by indifferently.
Wednesday 14 April
Romantic walk and love stories born in Athens
On Wednesday, April 14 at 19:00 The web tour on "Romantic walk and love stories born in Athens" takes place.
· Who was the beautiful daughter of Athens and to which great Philhellene did she inspire great love?
· What tragic story did the suicide of Pericles Giannopoulos hide?
· What is the myth and what is the truth from the story of Mimikos and Mary?
· What is the source of inspiration for Filomila Lapata's novels?
· What was the youthful love of Freddy Germanou?
· What is Ninon's sad story about the blonde girl from Santorini?
Starting from Tripodon Street and walking through the straits of Plaka and Athens we will unravel a tangle of real and fictional love stories that flourished under the Acropolis from antiquity to modern times. From Aspasia and Pericles and Antonios with Cleopatra, to George Seferis and Maro but also the muses of Palamas and many more loves that often proved to be dead ends
Our guide on this walk will be the journalist and writer Costas Stoforos and Evangelia Kantartzi, Director of the Museum of School Life and Education and the Anta Mitropoulou, tour guide-collaborator of the Museum of School Life and Education.
Together with the author Filomila Lapata.
15 Thursday April
Literary and cinematic tour in Plaka
On Thursday, April 15 at 19:00 The web tour on "Literary and cinematic tour in Plaka" is taking place.
· Which road became the setting for one of the most important novels of Angelos Terzakis?
· What happened in the Occupation Plaque?
· How does Roidis satirize Adrianou Street?
· Which parts of Plaka star in Philip Kerr's novel "Fear the Danes"?
· What has Patricia Haysmith got to do with Plaka?
· What happened to a "Little Drummer"?
Which American production that premieres in 2021 caused major episodes?
Athens was a source of inspiration for the great Greek writers, but also the scene of film producers from Greece and abroad.
One street that has been filmed by as few as we are today is Tripodon Street, where the Museum of School Life and Education is located.
We will find out where films were made such as Diplopenies, Modern Cinderella, The Germans Are Coming Back, Methystakas, Lysistrata, etc.
With us one of the most important researchers of Greek cinema Iason Triantaphyllides, the writer and journalist Panos Amyras, author of Limos and Thanos Agathos, Assistant Professor of Modern Greek Literature EKPA.
Guides on this walk will be the journalist and writer Costas Stoforos, Evangelia Kantartzi, Director of the Museum of School Life and Education and the Anta Mitropoulou, tour guide-collaborator of the Museum of School Life and Education.
The walks are addressed to the whole family and participation will be free through its page OPANDA on facebook
Ø Wednesday 21 April 2021, 19:00
If the houses were talking - Stories behind the buildings of old Athens
Ø M. Tuesday 27 April 2021, 19:00
Walk from Metaxourgeio to Kolonos
Ø M. Wednesday 28 April 2021, 19:00
In Zappeion a day… Walk in history
Information: 2103250341, [email protected]