The regional units of Kozani, Pella, Grevena, Kilkis and Veria are entering the deep red from today, as announced by the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias, while referring to self-testing he said that it is a "weapon" that we did not have at our disposal until today .
Details of the areas that remain in the deep red level:
-the Attica Region,
-The Regional Units
- Evia except for the Municipality of Skyros
- Zakynthos and
- the Municipality of Kalymnos of the Regional Unit of Kalymnos,
- the Municipality of Chios of the Regional Unit of Chios,
- the Municipality of Anogia of the Regional Unit of Rethymnon,
- the Municipality of Chania of the Regional Unit of Chania,
- the Municipalities of Ioannina and Metsovo of the Regional Unit of Ioannina,
- the Municipality of Katerini of the Peripheral Unit of Pieria,
- the Municipality of Amfipolis of the Regional Unit of Serres,
- the Municipality of Skiathos,
- the Municipality of Karditsa,
- and the Municipalities of Kastoria and Orestidos of the Regional Unit of Kastoria.
- The Kozani Regional Unit showed an increase of 81,8% in active cases in 10 days. The Regional Unit of Pella showed an increase of 101,9% in active cases in 10 days.
- In the municipality of Grevena the active cases have almost quadrupled in the last ten days, but the municipality of Kilkis also showed an increase of active cases of 129,4% in the last 10 days. Finally, in the municipality of Veria, active cases increased by 116,2% in the last 10 days.
"It is worth noting that Evritania, Arcadia, Chios, Anogia and Skiathos show a clear improvement in their epidemiological picture, a development that if continued will allow them to come out of the deep red next week," said Mr. Hardalias.
Extension of the special regime
He then announced the extension of the special regime of additional restrictive measures until April 5 for Leros and the municipal community of Galatini in the municipality of Voio in the Regional Unit of Kozani. Specifically, as he said, these areas are and remain in a special regime of additional restrictive measures and a declaration of civil protection emergency, a regime that is extended until Monday, April 5.
However, from March 29, the suspension of construction work currently in force in Leros is lifted. That is, from Monday the construction works on the island of Leros will be allowed.